Norman Finkelstein was arrested last night. He is now out on bail.
It seems American Law’s propensity for lawlessness is limitless. The Long Island Police came to Norman’s house last night, beat him up mercilessly and then shoved him inside a jail cell. All because he dared challenge the mafiosi duo Michael Chetkof and Allyson Burger. All because he brooks no injustice, and is loath to see the life of a dear friend destroyed before his very eyes.
"a 64-year-old professor was dragged at midnight from his apartment in Coney Island, Brooklyn in handcuffs" https://t.co/jNiNyXQ21p
— Norman Finkelstein (@normfinkelstein) October 7, 2017
On 6 September 2017. the 64 year old professor was assaulted by police, treated unfairly, in a note on his website Finkelstein wrote:
1. I was arrested on 6 September 2017.
2. Two police detectives barged into my apartment at 11:30 p.m.
5. The detectives demanded that I sit on a rickety coffee table in my foyer that comes up to my kneecap. They wouldn’t let me sit on a chair.
6. I was handcuffed as I left my apartment building in order to humiliate me in front of my neighbors.
7. I was transported to a police precinct located fully one hour from where I live. I was handcuffed the entire trip and was in agonizing pain. (I am 64 years old.)
8. I was handcuffed to a pole for five hours in the police precinct while the detective filled out a single-paged form.
9. I was then thrown into an overcrowded jail cell and had to sleep on a stone floor. I asked for a blanket as I was freezing but the request was denied.
10. I was brought before a judge at 11:00 a.m.
11. I was served with an Order of Protection forbidding me to have any contact for one year with the two opposing lawyers, Michael Chetkof and Allyson Burger.
12. The police alleged that I was harassing Chetkof and Burger by constantly emailing them.
13. The allegation is a flat-out lie. Every email I sent to Chetkof and Burger and their colleagues had appended at the head:
DON’T FORGET TO SIGN THE PETITION!